The October Issue of The Oxford Drinker, the newsletter of the Oxford branch of CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) is now available.
You can pick up a free copy from most good pubs in the area. There are currently copies in the Brewery Tap, The White Horse and The Loose Cannon Brewery shop. They should appear in other pubs during the next week (deliveries rely on volunteers to take them to pubs in their spare time).
Articles of interest to Abingdonians in this issue include:
- Abingdon’s Loose Cannon Brewery
- Report from Old Anchor Beer Festival
- Oxford City Pub of The Year shortlist
- Publication of new Good Beer Guide 2011, including new entries from the Oxford branch area
- Preview of The Oxford Beer Festival
- Welcome report from the new Oxford CAMRA branch chairman
- List of Beer Festivals
If you can’t wait to get a hardcopy, then you can also read it online as a PDF file from the Oxford CAMRA web site